|Podcasts||Community||Create a Podcast|
michales loukovikas-the gold in the sky Podcast
Give it a listen!
Episode 2 the gold sources
January 11, 2011 01:51 PM PST
Superb musics, folk or erudite, that influenced me when creating The Gold in the Sky...
Listen to The Gold...!
1. Asia Minor Traditional - IMITLERIM (REBETIKO) - Stavros Xarchakos.
2. Manos Hadjidakis & Brian Corrigan - THE DAY (REFLECTIONS) - New York Rock & Roll Ensemble.
3. Johann Sebastian Bach - AIR (3rd SUITE, edited) - Yehudi Menuhin.
4. Gary Brooker, Matthew Fisher & Keith Reid - A WHITER SHADE OF PALE - Procol Harum.
5. Ludwig van Beethoven - MARCIA FUNEBRE (3rd SYMPHONY, excerpt).
6. John Lennon & Paul McCartney - STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER - The Beatles.
7. Dionysis Savvopoulos - DEMOSTHENES’S WORD (FOUL BREAD).
8. Ray Charles & Allan Learner - I BELIEVE TO MY SOUL - The Animals.
9. David Gilmour, Nick Mason, Roger Waters, Richard Wright & Ron Geesin - ATOM HEART MOTHER (excerpt) - Pink Floyd & John Aldiss Choir.
10. Edvard Grieg - ANITRA’S DANCE (PEER GYNT).
11. Eleni Karaindrou - LULLABY - Jan Garbarek (THE BEE KEEPER).
12-13. Modest Mussorgsky - PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION (excerpts) - Maurice Ravel; Keith Emerson, Greg Lake & Carl Palmer.
14. Giuseppe Verdi - GLORIA ALL’ EGITTO (AIDA, excerpt).
15. Antonio Vivaldi - TEMPO IMPETUOSO D’ESTATE (THE FOUR SEASONS) - John Holloway.
16. Manuel de Falla & Gregorio Martínez Sierra - CANCIÓN DEL FUEGO (EL AMOR BRUJO) - Rocio Jurado.
17. Gil Evans - SOLEÁ (SKETCHES OF SPAIN) - Miles Davis.
18. Yannis Markopoulos & K. Kh. Myris - HOW AM I TO SING (CHRONICLE) - Nikos Xylouris.
19. Mikis Theodorakis - TEMPLES IN THE SHAPE OF THE SKY (AXION ESTI).
20. Sakis Papadimitriou - PIANO PLAYS (5).
21. Ross Daly - FREE POINT (excerpt).
22. Persian Traditional - BE HARIM’E KHALVAT’E KHOD – Parissa.
23. Vassilis Tsitsanis - UNGRATEFUL WOMAN - Poly Panou & Stratos Dionysiou.
24. Thraco-Macedonian Traditional - CUTIE - Domna Samiou.the gold in the sky-mix
January 06, 2011 12:57 PM PST
A West-to-East voyage, passing through several genres & idioms, with 35 musicians on board, based on poetry by Ares Alexandrou.
A. SINGING VOICES
1. Singing Voices
2. Victory Shall Be Ours
3. The Idol On the Ground
4. Lullaby (parts 1-6)
6. The Stenography of the Dead Zone
8. Illegal Note
11. The Lighted Lamp
12. Over the Blaze
B. THE INNER RHESES
13. Penitentiary Ground
14. The First Stone
15. The Inner Rheses
16. My Smile
18. Make Sure (parts 1-2)
19. On the Third Day
20. The Knife
21. Ascent (parts 1-2)
22. You Shall Persevere
24. The Gold in the Sky
Born in Xanthe, Thrace, to a musical family, Michales Loukovikas started singing & playing accordion & guitar in his father's variety music band at 15. He formed rock groups, then he turned to contemporary Greek music, & much later to Rebetiko.
Realizing that he had learned only Occidental music, he concentrated on Mediterranean & Oriental folk & classical modal music. Turning points in his research were his meeting with Ross Daly in 1987, & his participation in the international Musicological Symposium in Delphi on Mediterranean music (Rhythms, Modes & Scales) in 1988.
The result of all his efforts is "The Gold in the Sky", a West-to-East voyage, passing through several genres. This work is based on poetry by Ares Alexandrou, set to music, arranged & produced by Michales Loukovikas, sung by him, Helene Tsaligopoulou & Andreas Karakotas, & played by Ross Daly, Manos Akhalinotopoulos, Kyriakos Gouventas, Kostas Theodorou, Giorgos Andreou & 30 other musicians.
Michales loukovikas' Friends
Subscribe to this Podcast